4G Mobile Technology is in progress and still not set standards are defined. Many changes rather improvements are expected in the coming 4G mobile technology. First and foremost, priority is giving to the security issue. International Telecommunication Union using Radio defined 4G mobile technology as IMT-Advanced (International Mobile Telecommunication Advanced). Expected issues considered to be resolved in this 4G mobile technology are as follows;
- It is considered to embed IP feature in the set for more security purpose as high data rates are send and receive through the phone using 4G mobile technology.
- 4G mobile technology is going to be able to download at a rate of 100Mbps like mobile access and less mobility of 1GBps for local access of wireless
- Instead of hybrid technology used in 3G with the combination of CDMA and IS-95 a new technology OFDMA is introduced 4G. In OFDMA, the concept is again of division multiple accesses but this is neither time like TDMA nor code divided CDMA rather frequency domain equalization process symbolizes as OFDMA.
- CDMA sends data through one channel but with the division of time in three slots. While CDMA also sends data through one channel identifying the receiver with the help of code. Whereas in 4G mobile technology OFDMA is going to introduce in which data packets sends by dividing the channel into a narrow band for the greater efficiency comprises a prominent feature of 4G mobile technology.
- IEEE 802.16m is processing for the IEE802.16e comprising the 4G brand will define it as WMBA (Wireless Mobile Broadband Access). This is a plain indicator for the internet availability. The implementation is in progress to avoid the call interference in case of data download from a website. It will propose 128 Mbps downlink data rate and 56Mbps uplink data rate which is an extra ordinary step in 4G mobile technology. The service will limit as the availability of hotspot is condition for the internet connectivity.
- Parallel with WiMAX, LTE is intended to incorporate in 4G mobiles. It is also a wireless technology for the broadband access. The difference between WiMAX and LTE is that LTE goes for the IP Address. It follows the same TCP / IP concept inherited from networking technology. Restricted for the IP addresses it will provide great security as well as high data transferability, avoid latency, having the ability to adjust the bandwidth. LTE is compatible with CDMA so able to back n forth the data in between both networks.
- 3GPP Organization is going to introduce two major wireless standards; LTE and IEEE802.16m. Former is granted permission for the further process while second is under consideration and that will become a part of 4G mobile technology.
- IPv6 is approved by Verizon as a 4G standard on June 2009.
Third generation mobile phones having the features of high speed data transfer rate, mobile internet, video calling, MMS, SMS, Bluetooth and gaming are very thrilling. 3G mobile technologies have been developed into iPhone presently with added features is known as Smartphone. Now people are breathtakingly waiting for the 4G mobile technology.