3G mobile technology is an edge over telephone and internet. Different 2G technologies are now gather and utilized at one place to give the mobile technology a new dimension and these called 3G mobile technologies. Combination of all the quality features of different 2G versions brings excellent one best device with high data transfer rate, maximum width of the frequency band, WiFi facility, and first-rate roaming. 3G mobile Technology is the combination of earthly and heavenly features.
Let see the technologies used in 3g mobile and their properties one by one.
CDMA 2000 (3G Mobile Technology)
Third Generation Partnership Project 2 (TGPP 2) introduced this CDMA 2000. Five countries Telecommunication standards organization did joint venture to design this technology. This technology advancement was already entertained by many other systems and serving as 3G Mobile Technology.
Properties of CDMA 2000:
- Able to use verbal and textual service concurrently.
- High data transfer rate approximately 200 kbps.
- CDMA 2000 provides wireless facility.
W-CDMA (UMTS) – (3G Mobile Technology)
W-CDMA stands for Wideband Code Division Multiple Access is a third generation’s important feature based on radio transmission system. It is designed by ETSI Alpha organization. It is quite challenging to apply it because of its complex features and versatile properties.
Properties of W-CDMA:
- Make hybrid with IS-95 (digital cellular standard) component of 2G technology responsible for the high frequency.
- It is able to download 14.7 Mb/s.
- Provide wideband known as Spread Spectrum in addition to code division multiple accesses.
- Improved audio-visual effects.